- Date:August 2017
- Location: Chessington, Surrey,England. Office based with Europe wide customer support.
- Salary:£basic salary no 'on target earnings' + iPhone + Laptop + Pension + Health care + more
- Job Type:Permanent
- Industry:Electronics, Med-Tech
- Office based:Chessington, Surrey, United Kingdom.
Fujikura Europe Ltd is the European sales Head Quarters for Fujikura Ltd, an established Japanese manufacturer of Fibre Optic and Electronic components & subsystems. Fujikura's components and subsystems are all designed, manufactured for bespoke applications for key industries such as Defense, Space, Medical, Automotive and the Telecommunications market sectors.
Fujikura's business has seen steady growth over the past 5 years and US$100m investment in new production facilities is underway to meet increasing market demands. The plan moving forward is for the business to achieve 20% year on year organic growth, to facilitate this there is a now a requirement for a (junior) Sales Executive to support existing customer accounts.
(Junior) Sales Executive - Fibre Optic and Electronic components & subsytems
- Your role will require you to conduct customer evaluations, build long-term relationships and secure new business throughout Europe.
- You will inherit an account base of £2 - £3M.
- Although proactive account management is a key aspect of the role, 30% of your time will be spent developing business with new customers.
- You will generate presales enquiries by working with leading businesses within the Med-Tec sector.
- You will work closely with leading Engineers and Program Managers to establish new opportunities and projects.
- You will work closely with Internal Engineering teams to formulate quotes and bids according to the specification.
- A key aspect of your role will be to lead contract negotiations and manage budgets ensuring profitability and maximize growth.
- You will maintain effective relationships maximizing each account potential.
- Build an effective pipeline of new business opportunities within the MedTec sector.
- Experience in selling fibre optic and/or electronic components and/or assemblies is desirable.
- The ideal candidates will possess a minimum HNC / HND in Electrical / Optical Engineering or Physics.
- Have drive and ambition with the ability to build long-term relationships with honesty, trust and confidence.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills which are required for communicating globally.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available to travel internationally (EU, Asia).
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and well organised.
- Must have a full driving licence in EU.
As a (Junior) Sales Executive you will be given full bespoke in-house training on our Electronics product range, beginning initially with our medical devices range. You will be working for a market leader with over 130 years manufacturing history. You will have autonomy within the role with close support from commercial and engineering teams in the UK and Japan. Progression will be dictated by your own success with the long term prospect of moving into a more senior Sales Executive role.
Please apply with your covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org