Compressed-air is necessary for operation and to prepare optical
fibres before splicing requires standard steps of procedure:
- Stripping fibre without degrading fibre quality
- Cleaning fibre with alcohol to remove coating residue
- Cleaving fibre with right angle.
The APM-101 performs all processes automatically to produce
consistent results and a superior operating process that is highly
reliable. In factory and industrial automation systems the APM-101
- Consistent fibre preparation and splicing quality.
- Quick operation by an automated system provides continuous
long-operation times, avoiding multiple break interruptions to
clean components and residue containers. With an internal pressure
sensor, the APM-101 system checks the air pressure required for
cleaving quality before initialising operations for low and
incorrect air pressures to be detected.
- Compact body design with a small footprint to fit various